- Describe your sound in three words!
New, playful and elegant.
- Tell us about your musical influences.
My main inspirations are my friends. There’s such an amazing musical scene in Catalonia and Spain: Clara Peya, Sílvia Pérez Cruz, Rosalía, Celeste Alías, Carme Canela, Anna Ferrer, Marala, Paula Grande… and I’ve also listened to a lot of Jazz singers, specially during my career, like Ella Fitzgerald, Carmen McRae, Cécile MacLorin Salvant, Esperanzah Spalding, etc. and some pop singers like Liane la Havas and Kimbra. I think, classical music is also in my roots.
- Your latest single ‘Beber De Ti’ revolves around the perplexity of human communication. What was your inspiration for the song?
I just imagined that one day my boyfriend would tell me he’s in love with someone else, and I asked myself what would I do or what would I feel? This song comforts me and tries to encourage people to communicate with no fear.
- You have participated in many collaborations. What is the greatest challenge when partnering with other artists?
The greatest challenge of them all is to sometimes step aside, leave your ego, and act in the name of music, no matter who you’re working with.
- In 2020 you released your first album ‘A Boy and A Girl’ with Sebastià Gris. What characterises this album?
We had our own arrangements for guitar and voice and then, in the studio, David Soler, the producer, transformed our sound through electronics. Basically, we change the instrumentations and style of classical, chamber music and traditional songs from Mallorca, Sebastià’s birthplace.
- If you were not a musician, what would you be?
Probably dancer. It’s almost the same!
- What should we expect from you in the near future?
I’ve just released an album called “Fang I núvols” (mud and clouds) with the double bassist Manel Fortià, so we expect to tour this music all around the world!
- Tell us something more people don’t know about you!
I sang during a long time with the Quartet Mèlt, an a capella group. We even won a TV show! You can see the videos on Youtube. I’ve also sung and toured with the pianist and composer Clara Peya in her album called “Estómac”. And I’ve recently put my voice on the last Estrella Damm TV commercial Compromiso III.