- Describe your sound in three words
It’s a mélange between soulful, jazzy and electronic elements with a laidback groove
- You started your music career in the mid 90’s. What are the major changes in the music industry since then?
First of all the industry suffered from illegal download platforms and then had difficulties adapting to the digital movement in general. In the meantime Musicians had the chance to establish themselves as DYI artists not necessarily being dependent on a record or publishing deal.
- As a musicologist, do you think of music as an art or a science?
Definitely art – never science – it comes from the soul not the brain
- Which is the main difference between the LOUNGETUNES project compared to your previous project KLANGPLANET?
To be honest I don’t really know why I ended up in Deep House with KLANGPLANET – it just came out of my head and I refused to commit to one style, general song structure – it’s a wild mix of everything blended into another.
LOUNGETUNES is somehow cleaner – more space instead of overload – and since I’ve always been a huge Jazz fan it has a mellow jazz flavor with groove toppings encased with an electronic foundation.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
Half Light by Henry Green
- What was the best film you have watched during the quarantine?
The Grinch (2018) with my kids – xmas is coming soon 😊
- One last thing we should know about you?
I am very thankful that my music reaches so many people and it’s a big surprise as I am not very confident about any of my skills so this is really encouraging – if it comes from the heart it will lead you to new places.
- Thank you!
Follow LOUNGETUNES on Instagram