- Describe your sound in 3 words:
Melodic, ambient, distorted.
- In our opinion listeners can fully appreciate your music if they listen to your EP in its entirety. Should we expect a full album in the near future? And do people listen to full albums these days?
Thanks about the EP. An album is the goal eventually – but for the moment as I’m still honing my craft and sound, I’ll be releasing a series of singles, EPs and collabs.
With regards to albums, they still hold value. If you like the artist, you can be led on a journey with them and their work.
- When it comes to live perfomance, is realistically Electronika a genre that can be performed live?
Flume at Brixton Academy last November was an unbelievable show. He was recreating the tracks live and it gave his set a real sense of energy. I loved it.
- How do you relate to the London music scene? What are the main ingredients that make London one of the world’s leading music cities?
A lot of great electronic music is coming out of London and always has. Catching Flies is a current producer I respect a lot. But to be honest, I don’t really identify with a scene particularly. I’m just passionate about making music and spending time with my family. I want to do my own thing.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
Anything by Ekcle, those guys are killing it.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
It would feel disingenuous for me to moan about the music industry, when so many people’s livelihoods are at stake due to Covid-19 at the moment. Let’s hope the government can do more to support the creative sectors.
- What was the best film you have watched during the quarantine?
Not a film, but I’ve been addicted to Dark on Netflix – it’s mad.
- One last thing we should know about you?
I like music, a lot.
- Thank you!