- Describe your sound in 3 words.
vulnerable, unapologetic and tasty 😉
- “Move on” was written in less than a few hours. Tell us a few things about your creative process.
The creative process all flows from emotion. I find a lot of inspiration in momentous emotions such as sadness and it sounds really depressing but as a writer and an artist, it is really important to become a story teller and have to have access to every available feeling. You don’t treat song writing as a highlight reel – you put the good, bad and ugly parts of life in a song. So as dark as it sounds, when I am feeling like i need to get something off my chest or i am feeling an emotion really deeply, i tend to gravitate towards the piano and start writing.
- Is songwriting a talent or a skill?
This is a hard question! It is probably a mix of both, because some people learn the skill along the way and some people just have a wonderful gift.
- How do you relate to the Melbourne music scene?
Starting a career in a global pandemic i wouldn’t really know what the music scene would be like for me outside the walls of my own home haha!
I like to think i relate to other people’s emotions. I like to connect to my audience on a level where music can speak for you.
- Should we expect a full album in the near future? Do people still listen to full albums?
You will just have to wait and see 😉 I absolutely listen to full albums- I think it is beyond cool to hear an artists full vision. There is so much work that goes into an album or an EP so it’s almost a disservice to not listen fully!
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
Sigrid’s latest album from 2019 ‘Sucker Punch’ is great! It’s a mix of pure joy and power, and heartbreak. She is amazing!
- What would be your dream performance venue?
Oh let’s just go huge here and say The Palais in Melbourne. It is so beautiful and an absolute dream.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
At this stage i don’t think i would change anything. There was a time I was angry that people wanted to see a certain image associated with a female artist, but i feel like that is slowly changing and we have a beautiful broad range of amazing talents who aren’t known for their appearance instead of their art. I would like to see more, but it will happen all in good time ! :)) Also.. we need money, come on we all have to survive here.
- One last thing we should know about you?
I am also a musical theatre composer and I have a musical called ‘Tragic’. You can check that out if you want 🙂
- Thank you!