- Describe your sound in 3 words
trying different things
- You worked under the moniker Kakuyon. Your first single in this new project sounds different though. Tell us a few things of what we should expect from this new work.
I think this will be a very farm-to-table project. The songs are coming together as the year goes on, so it will reflect everything going on around me and in the world. I’m usually not literal, so I guess in this series you should expect a sort of abstract reflection of the next year as it is happening.
- “RedBrocket” is very short in duration, it does not really follow the industry standards.Is it a hint that you are not willing to play by the rules?
Uhhm not necessarily haha. It feels right to me. In the context of composition I think I will do what is necessary to tell the story or paint the imagery. Not more, Not less. But I will say I do get bored easily, so I guess in an indirect way yes, I’m not as interested in doing what everyone else is doing, since it has been done already. I like to experiment and do new things.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
I don’t think I’ve fully learned the industry yet. That’s still exciting to figure out right now. But I think all the changes we’re seeing are cool to me. If I could change one thing it would be more people embracing those changes and innovating in exciting ways.
- Do you prefer writing music or performing live? What would be your dream performance venue?
I think both? I will say, performing is something I’m much farther from mastering so it’s fun to start thinking how can I get creative telling a story in a live space. My dream performance venue is somewhere dope in nature, where we’re not disturbing the space too much.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
I might have to give it to Don Toliver at this very moment. But I don’t like to pick just one, there’s so many great ones.
- One last thing we should know about you?
New song every 2 weeks, hopefully more content on top of that in the coming weeks/months. Thanks guys.
- Thank you!