- Describe your sound in 3 words
against the grain
- Slow Pineapple. What is the story behind your name?
The first two words that came to our heads. Rob Higgins brought the Pineapple and Tyler Beans brought the Slow.
- You are a duo. Who is playing what? Do you use session musicians?
Everything is done in house and completely collaborative. From the song writing, to performance, recording and mixing. We both do it all! Typically Rob is our Bass mastermind and Tyler brings some guitar and keyboards to the table. And it’s always a race to see who can get to the drums first.
- What would your dream performance venue be?
Our dream is to play a private show for Steven Seagal and Nicolas Cage. Preferably on a large yacht.
- “Each release guaranteed to be different from the last”. What about the consistency and cohesion the industry imposes?
Who cares what the industry imposes. Just because they feel the need to put everything into neat little boxes doesn’t mean we should feel obligated to live in that confined space.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
There needs to be more love shown to the working class people of the industry. There are a lot of incredibly talented engineers, mixers, and even the assistants that work especially hard to help artists seamlessly make the best albums that they can.
- Your sound guitar driven. What is the best riff ever written?
Rags and Bones – NoMeansNo
Stone Cold Bush – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
Grounds – IDLES (plus all their other singles)
- “They gonna catch me in a lie”. What is the biggest lie you told yourself?
every little thing gonna be alright
- One last thing we should know about you?
Sponsored by Neuralinx. Special thanks to Elon Tusk. Right on, Elon!
- Thank you!