- Describe your sound in 3 words
Big. Groovy. Jams
- “Bignutz is a love letter to 2000’s hip hop/Neo-Soul acts”. Which band drives this sound today in your opinion?
Acts like Kojaque, Why-Axis and Khakikid from Ireland are really driving this sound today.
- Which artists have been most influential for you, as a band and as individuals?
D’angelo and Anthony Mahilton influenced our new release ‘BigNutz’ for sure
- Your sound is characterised by great grooves. If you have to choose one song with the best drop, which one would it be?
This new song, ‘BigNutz’ has a great drop. The chorus sounds absolutely massive.
- Your front man chooses to remain anonymous. What is the idea behind it?
The idea is that it puts more focus on the music than our frontman. The music always comes first for us.
- Should we expect a full album? Do people still listen to full albums?
There definitely will be. No immediate plans to record one now. We for sure still listen to full albums but passive music listeners may not.
- How do you (not) relate to the Irish music scene?
There are a lot of great hip hop acts in Ireland at the moment. We try and stand apart with our unique sound and unorthodox writing and production techniques.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
The music industry is thriving with brilliant new acts all over the place. I think we’d like to bring those acts to the forefront of the industry.
- When was the last time you danced?
I have a dance everyday. Never stop dancing
- One last thing we should know about you?
We’ve got plenty more music coming in the near future. So follow us on our socials and stream the tunes!
- Thank you Bricknasty!