- Describe your sound in 3 words
Africa’s Future Sound
- Your music is a blend of numerous different genres. We wonder what your influences are?
Our influence is actually the township, the vibe we get whenever we are in East London.
We also incorporate styles you would usually hear in festivals stages which we believe that it’s what has set us apart from other producers. Lastly, we are also influenced by what is currently hot in South Africa at the moment.
- “Vaya Vaya” has a very cool uplifting groove. What would be your dream performance venue?
ADE in Amsterdam.
- What does “Vaya Vaya” really mean?
It’s direct translation is “Go Go” but Vaya Vaya (Tsibiritsa) is a game normally played in the streets of ekasi by children but in this track, we’ve given it another dimension by including the nightlife into it this gives an opportunity for those who’ve grown out of playing on the streets to rekindle their love and memory of it.
- At the moment, what is big in the music scene in South Africa? What do people enjoy listening to?
AmaPiano and GQOM, basically dance music.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
DJ Maphorisa & Kabza De Small – Scorpion King
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
Support and thorough scouting of young underprivileged creatives which is part of what we are pushing to do with our imprint, Umgido Recs.
- One last thing we should know about you?
We are super versatile and 2021 is our year.