- Describe your sound in 3 words
Melodically enchanted journey
- Your music emphasizes its atmosphere. What comes first in your music? Lyrics or music? Tell us a few things about your creative process.
Depends on my mood really but I would say the music is usually what comes together more complete before the lyrics start to manifest themselves. To get into the zone of creating I like to first start by setting the devices/instruments to weird setting/tunings so that when I am playing with these tools they will always feel fresh and alien to me. This helps me stumble upon things that feel new and that’s the feeling I am usually most searching for.
- You play most of the instruments yourself and you record mainly in your home studio. Is songwriting in the end a lonely process?
Quite the opposite. It feels like a soothing healing process when I am left to my own devices. So the solitary nature of it is very rewarding and has this feeling of time well spent with my thoughts and my own personal growth.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
Pavo Pavo’s “Mystery Hour” is so great. Too bad it’s their last album. But the band members are doing some really amazing solo work now.
- How Important are political statements by music artists? Can music have an impact on politics?
I think they can be great but they do seem very hard to pull off. I am always impressed by those who have the courage this can sometimes take. Also if you’re able to strike that perfect balance of creating some moving music entwined with a powerful message than its place in the zeitgeist can inspire others to fight for change not only at the time but for years to come.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
It seems to be changing on it’s own so very fast it’s hard to know where to start. For me me right now I am actually happy with how things have shifted towards the artist having more control over the process. This has it’s good and bad elements but for my own personal taste it’s a nice fit to my needs at this juncture in my career.
- What would be your dream performance venue?
I’ve seen some pretty amazing shows in old cathedral like venues and always feel like these would be such interesting places to perform and give the audience an experience that is more “one of a kind” than the usual dive bar. But bars are cool too.
- Which book should we read while listening to your music?
Dune, Dune all day!!
- One last thing we should know about you?
I’d love to survive the apocalypse and help others survive it too.I’m also looking forward to releasing more music this year and collaborating with more visual artists for the accompanying videos. So far with this latest song “Hidden” and its video, it has been such a great adventure working with out of this world amazing stop motion film animators like Martyna Koleniec.
- Thank you Hidden Beams!