- Describe your sound in 3 words
Powerful, bold, melodic
- Which artists have been most influential for you, as a band and as individuals?
As a band Mastodon, Lamb of God, Gojira, Emperor and Chimaira. As individuals, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Guns n Roses
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
This is a tough one, were going to go with Benighted – Obscene Repressed
- Your sound is characterized by technically complex guitar and drum work but you also compose great riffs. What’s more important? The song, or heaviness. Tell us a few things about your creative process.
The song always comes first, we’re quite old fashioned and even in a time where bands write remotely we like to be in the same room and work an idea out. usually one good idea can have all of the DNA to be a complete song.
- In which place or state of mind do you imagine people might listen to your music?
If you mean mental state i would say that people should be open, our music has so many different sections that are inspired by different styles and genres that it can be overwhelming. If you approach it with an open mind i think you’re more likely to hear the different influences coming through.
- What would be your dream performance venue?
Red Rock Ampitheatre
- How do you relate to the UK music scene? Which city do you think is the world capital of Metal music?
I think Liverpool has a massive metal scene with bands like Loathe coming through in recent years, as far as the capital of metal it depends on your style, thrash could be San Francisco Bay Area, Death Metal would be Florida.
- One last thing we should know about you?
We like to ask interviewers questions… do you ever exceed your monthly data allowance?
Always! Thank you Oceanis!