- Describe your sound in 3 words
Nice pretty nice
- Your music emphasizes its atmosphere. What comes first in your music? Lyrics or music? Tell us a few things about your creative process.
The music comes first most of the time. Often the spark for a new song comes when we get together and jam away for a few hours. Then it enters the demo phase – where we add our parts and shoot ideas around over the ether and at some point along the way I’ll add some words.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
Crack Cloud – Pain Olympics
- Do you prefer writing music or performing live? What would be your dream performance venue?
I think probably writing music but having not played live for 6 months I do really miss it!
- The Brighton music scene is considered very influential. What makes this music scene so rich and how do you relate to it?
I think it’s just that everyone is very friendly and inclusive that makes the Brighton music scene so much fun. It’s probably bigger than I give it credit for but I always expect to see lots of familiar faces when going to a gig in Brighton, which is really nice.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
More million dollar advances for making records like the good old days. Not really I think the new more democratic, anyone can record and release music, way that the music industry works is grand. I’d like to see more atmospheric, alt-rock in the pop charts though.
- What was the best film you have watched during the quarantine?
The Zodiac. Classic thriller magic.
- One last thing we should know about you?
We almost called ourselves Mad Javelin
- Thank you!