- Describe your sound in 3 words
Hello, and thank you for having me. I think my music is atmospheric, melodic and dreamy, it helps creating images in your mind.
- You blend an atmospheric warm sound with many melodic elements. Tell us a few things about your creative process.
As you say, my creative process starts and resides in assembling an atmosphere. Generally, I start with the chords, FXs and the main melody. For me, thats represents the “color” of the track. For example, I started a lot of tracks composing piano and cello progressions. After that, comes the techno sound and rhythmic elements.
- If you had to choose one Synthesizer (analog or digital) which one would it be?
Too hard to choose. If I could choose two synths, I’d say Moog Subsequent37 for its own sound, its interface and especially its “duo” mode, and Behringer Model D for its madness.
But as you ask to choose only one, I’ll stay true to my old friend and answer Moog Subsequent 37.
- When it comes to live perfomance, is realistically Electronika a genre that can be performed live?
I think every genre could be performed live, so yes. Electronika could e great on a live with some images. That was what I wanted to do in my last Session Sauvage video.
- Your favorite Techno Albums of All Time?
To be honest, techno albums are not the kind of album I prefer. Even if Stephan Bodzin’s ‘Power of Tens’ is probably the techno album I had loved the most, I actually prefer albums with a more large genre.
In electronic music, I’d say Jon Hopkins’ Singularity.
In general, I think my favorite is the classic ‘Endless’ by Tale of us.
- Your music is club friendly but this does not mean that it can not be enjoyed at home too. In which state of mind do you imagine people might listen to your music?
I would like to imagine people feeling my music just like I do, being lost into their mind. But I think everyone has their own feeling while listening to music. I make my music for my own emotions, and people listen to it for their own feeling as well.
If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
I think I would like to see more live performance, and less dj set. I love DJ sets, it’s super cool to do and can be well done. But as a producer, I think you can do really more playing live. And that’s the guarantee of an unique and original work.
- In your ” Stay Home” Live session there is a cat dancing behind you. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Ahah yes, she decided to join us during the live (and she drank into my mug!).
I never thought about that, but I’d say a cat. Because I admire how they can sleep everywhere!!
- One last thing we should know about you
I’m always glad to share things with people and have a talk. Thats the best way to learn who we are. Thank you for this moment, and for the nice questions!
- Thank you Aalson!