- Describe your sound in 3 words
Mashup of Genres, Raw and Soulful!
- You have an upcoming gig in Ldn! What do you enjoy most? Writing music or performing your music live?
I absolutely love both of them! There’s the excitement you get when you write a good song but it all comes alive when you perform it. It has to be performing for me! Sha!
- Your new single Laylow is packed full of energy and sounds fresh and original. Tell us a few things about your creative process.
Thank you! It was two stages of my life joined together, so it’s the element of when I used to live in Spain which is the flamenco/spanish vibe, then obviously bringing the Bristol energy in the drum and bass middle 8. So it’s merging two paths together! I wrote the lyrics first, it was really crazy because I was literally sat on the sofa and when I wrote it I knew I was on to something different, which created Laylow. My favourite lyric in the song is “she’s gold tipped, and you’re brass based’ which was the first lyric I wrote for the song.
- You have spent time in different countries. Where is your favourite place you’ve ever been?
Very hard question! They’re all special to me in their own way. I have a real soft spot for culture and I love travelling to open my eyes to new things. I wouldn’t say I have a favourite, but Gran Canaria and Thailand are very special to me.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
I haven’t got a favourite album, I’ve been listening to more tracks of artists depending on what mood I am feeling. For example Prodigy when I’m training, Etta James when I’m chilling and cooking and I’ve been rinsing Octavian – I think he’s fire.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
I would open the stages again! I would also change the shark cut throat element of it because I feel it damages a lot of artists and their mental health. One thing an artist needs is freedom.
- When was the last time you danced?
Yesterday – because I released my single so I had a little dance about for that!
- One last thing we should know about you?
That I’m about to make the world say Sha La La! And I’m an Aquarius 🙂
- Thank you!