Dubstep was born in South London in late 90’s to prove something that until that point was a well-kept secret. It made a statement by decreasing the bpm to 70. It proved that in electronic music, there could be space between the kick drum and the snare. Enough space to create new stories. With or without Wobble.
Here is our list of tracks that have defined the sound.
- NERO – Something Else
- Magnetic Man – The Bug
- Caspa – Fulham 2 Waterloo
- Bassnectar, Lupe Fiasco – Vava Voom
- Flux Pavilion – Bass Cannon
- Chase & Status, Liam Bailey – Blind Faith
- La Roux, Scream – In for the Kill ( Skream’s let’s get Ravey remix)
- Borgore – Nympho
- SBTRKT, Little Dragon – Wildfire
- Burial – Archangel