- Describe your sound in three words
Universal Progressive Flow
- What is the main topic of your lyrics? Tell us a few things about your creative process.
My lyrics are about self discovery, mental health, humanity as a connected species and enjoying the brief time we have to coexist on this planet. My creative process is observation, experimentation and a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Your forthcoming album contains many collaborations with numerous producers. How many beats do you listen to before you end up using one?
Choosing a beat is all about timing, I keep a working playlist that I revisit when I’m working on new things and I go with what I’m feeling at that moment. I’m blessed to have built good relationships with many talented humans.
- What’s new to Finnoh compared to Ill Chill? What is the difference between the two projects?
Finnoh is a natural evolution and a deeper dive into a personal place with my art. It’s my birth name and will find me exploring more of my influences as well as crafting a more and more distinct sound. The difference is growth and a way of marking the beginning of a new era of creation, expect many more releases and even more experimentation.
- Who is your favourite beat maker and which rapper’s flow do you enjoy the most?
I don’t have a favorite beat maker but I really appreciate beat makers who have really unique sound palettes and showcase diversity as well as willingness to take risks.
- If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
I wish the “industry” as a collective would promote more music that isn’t disposable. That and more equity for artists of the African diaspora that have created and influenced music culture heavily but have not shared in the economic benefits and decision making power in the same way.
- What was the best film you have watched during the quarantine?
I haven’t watched many films but I have watched all six seasons of Bosch. 4 out of 5 stars.
- One last thing we should know about you?
I have love for anyone reading this and creating music is a gift I’m privileged to be able to share with anyone who wants to listen.
- Thank you!
Follow Finnoh on Soundcloud