- Describe your sound in 3 words
Um, depression = groovy
- “It is purple everywhere..” Can you tell us a few things about your new song?
I try not to dive too deep into what my songs mean to me, because I think one of the most beautiful things about music is how it can become something meaningful to you based on where you are in your life, and what you’re going through. It can become such an intimate and personal experience that you find in a song, between you and an artist. That being said, to not annoyingly side step your question, the line “purple everywhere” is about my synesthesia, and about having such a powerful feeling of color related to a specific feeling and event that is inescapable – no matter how hard you try and get away, its always purple everywhere.
- Your sound is mostly acoustic with clear focus on songwriting. Is songwriting a talent or a skill?
I dunno, I feel like either answer makes me sound annoying and pretentious but maybe I’m just projecting. I think it can be either. For some people it’s a talent, for some it’s a worked on skill. For most, I think it’s a talent that is improved by doing it.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
“Down in the Weeds, Where the World Once Was”, by Bright Eyes. Beyond a masterpiece. Runner up is probably “Mutable Set”, by Blake Mills. Also a masterpiece.
- What would be your dream performance venue?
Thats a tough one. Maybe like, a big rooftop set like the Beatles did? Or maybe it’s like on a tropical beach and all the fans are in the ocean. Perhaps I’m just projecting my desire to drink pineapple daiquiri’s in an ocean right now though.
- Who is your second biggest fan (after Elton John)?
Probably my mom, but thats kinda a boring answer. My best friend Kalea’s mom, that’s more interesting.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
I got like 350k streams last year and made like 300 dollars. That’s shitty.
- One last thing we should know about you?
I’m drunk and it’s 5pm, and I feel like thats 10 things about me all rolled into one.
- Thank you!