- Please introduce yourself.
Hi my name is Róisin Marie and I don’t know how to speak about the way I feel so I write songs instead. (I felt like I was at AA introducing myself while I read that back)
- Describe your sound in 3 words.
Vibey, sultry, and playful. I am very soft spoken and I think that comes across in my vocal delivery.
- Which artists have been most influential for you?
I grew up going to the theatre and listening to original cast recordings from shows, so I would first have to say that a number of composers have had a large influence on me. Andrew Lloyd Webber is one in particular that I think has played a major role in how I experience music. In terms of artists, Destiny’s Child – Destiny Fulfilled was my first CD. From there I listened to a lot of Rihanna and Lady Gaga. But I would have to say that Chelsea Cutler really inspired me to actually pursue music as a career. And the fact that she produced almost her entire debut album is really inspiring as another female in the industry.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
That is really hard. I am gonna say top three (in no particular order) Jeremy Zucker – love is not dying, Lennon Stella – Three. Two. One., and Lolo Zouai – High Highs to Low Lows.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
For starters, we need to see more Black men and women as executives at major music corporations. The industry, like most things, is run by mostly White men. I want them to pave the way for more voices to be heard and represented – and valued.
- If one of your songs could be played during the end titles of a movie, which movie would that be?
Roma. The direction of this movie is incredible.
- When was the last time you danced?
Two seconds ago.
- One last thing we should know about you?
I speak fluent Spongebob seasons 1 and 2.
- Thank you Róisin