With a steady electro apreggiator that drives the whole song, “Arrival Of A Ghost” has an admittedly simple backing track, the way it should be. The warm dry vocals are blended with the vocoder produced wet backvocals creating a melancholic yet vibrant track that’s both danceable and perfect for sofa listening.
- Please introduce yourself
I’m Gustav Espenes, a Norwegian songwriter and electronic music producer who’s behind the moniker Limbic Void
- Describe your sound in 3 words
Electronic, melancholic, heartfelt
- When I listened to your single the first thing that came to my mind was the band Röyksopp. Which are your major music influences?
Röyksopp has definitely been an influence, especially in terms of production. Other prominent influences within the electronic/pop-genre has been Phoria, Haerts, Robyn, Kavinsky, James Blake, Electric Youth and Rival Consoles
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
Tough choice, but I think I’m actually going to opt for “Father of the Bride” by Vampire Weekend.
- What would be your dream performance venue?
I don’t do live performances, so the honest answer would be “none” 🙂
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
How artist get paid for streams. It’s broken at the moment.
- If you could predict the next artist to make smash success in two years time, who would this be?
So many talented artists deserve this, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the talented Amber Bain of The Japanese House will have a pretty strong presence within two years.
- One last thing we should know about you?
I’m obsessed with vintage wristwatches 🙂
- Thanks Limbic Void!