- Please introduce yourself
We are tisiphone, a post punk band from lyon, léonard clara and suzanne; we are friends and one day we decided to do music together, just to try, to have fun, and at the end of the first rehearsal we did, we had made Black Velvet, our first song, so we were glad and we started to consider it as a “real” band, with ambitions.
- Describe your sound in 3 words
Contemplative. Deep. punk.
- What is your favorite album of the past year?
I don’t know much about all the releases, but I discovered an artist named SPELLLING and I love her last album, Mazy fly. ( sacred bones )
- Does your name refer to one of the Erinyes? What is the story behind it?
Yes, tisiphone is one of the three erinyes in greek mythology, she ‘s the one for revenge. Actually, we didn’t know how to name it so we were looking for some inspiration, and one day we opened a book about myths and we liked the symbol of it.
- Does Post-punk allow females the visibility they merit?
I don’t know if post punk allows anything to females, everywhere its quite same thing, post punk or whatever, females don’t have the visibility they merit, but I don’t know, I would say that they didn’t wait to have permission to do what they want.
- Is language a barrier in music?
Sometimes it can be, that seem to define something you didn’t want to name, yes, to put “words” on it, because music is a langage in itself, but I would not say a barrier, because both are connected also, and depends of how you want to use it.
- If you could change anything about the music industry, what would it be?
To be more in favor of artists than profit and mainstream thinking.
- What would be your dream performance venue?
In a forest, with mountains around.
- One last thing we should know about you?
We are working on a third album…
- Thanks Tisiphone!
Follow Tisiphone: http://www.tisiphone-faces.com https://www.facebook.com/Tisiphonemusic/ https://soundcloud.com/tisiphone-2 https://tisiphone.bandcamp.com